Prices for guided walks inclusive of country stays
- from Euro 600.00 per person per week sharing an apartment sleeping 2 people. 15% discount for out of season (mid November to mid March)
- from Euro 550.00 per person per week sharing an apartment for 4 people (generally 2 double beds with sharing facilities, ideal for friends or couples that don't mind sharing). 15% discount for out of season
Other than breakfast, please note that all apartments are essentially self-catering.
Note: To provide you with a high level of service and personal care we limit groups to six people per trip. Individual walkers are very welcome! Please let us know if you wish to stay for a longer or shorter period than stated above. All stays can be tailored to the individual's requirement.
If you wish to visit the "Cinque Terre" region you are strongly advised to fly to Genoa Airport and not Nice. We can then arrange to pick you up in our comfortable vehicle and take you to the destination required. You will stay in a very pleasant three star hotel near one of the 5 villages where the trail starts. You can then decide whether to stay in the region or move on and complete your holiday on the Western Riviera of flowers where most other walks are based; for this more distant trip add 25% to above price. This area is particularly recommended for winter walking.
Driving from the UK is also a popular option. Having your own car in Liguria can enhance your stay and give you of course additional freedom. Drive times vary from 15-17 hours (from Calais) through France on the Auto Route to the South of France and across into Italy. The drive through the Black Forest, Switzerland and the St. Bernard tunnel To Val d'Aosta in Italy is both spectacular and delightful. It takes longer but can easily be broken with an overnight stop.
If you wish to mix the accomodation for your stay between country stay (Agriturism) and mountain refuge, just let us know and we can tailor your holiday and cost accordingly.
Please remember - you can tailor the choice of walks to suit your personal preference and abilities.
Booking and Payment Terms
Payment of your deposit via UK debit or credit card is now possible via a secure connection to PayPal (this method attracts a 5% surcharge).
Personal cheques are also perfectly acceptable, or bank transfers can be arranged at no charge - contact us for details.
After you have signed and returned the booking form with your cheque or credit card authorisation in respect of the 20% deposit, you undertake to pay the remaining balance within 4 weeks of departure date. As soon as we have your booking we will forward to you our confirmation invoice with full details of the holiday that has been booked.
If you are resident outside the EEC countries, we reserve the right to add a reasonable administrative charge to cover expenses incurred for overseas communications or correspondence (ie: visas or couriers).
Your right to cancel
If you wish to cancel your booking, your request must be given in writing. To compensate us for administrative charges and mainly the country stay booking, the following scale applies:
- Cancellation more than 28 days before departure: loss of deposit.
- Cancellation 10-28 days before departure: 50% Total Price
- Cancellation less than 10 days before departure: 80% Total Price
NB: you are advised to check your Policy Insurance.
What is included in the price
- Pick up from Imperia train station or coach point. Genoa and Nice are both equidistant airports (80-90 kms) and a regular train and coach service is available for Imperia (please ask for details on time table when booking). We can instead collect you from the Airport (Nice and Genoa only) for small additional fee.
- Accommodation in one of designated country stays for the period required (preferably in Poggi).
- All guiding and transfers to each walk-hike including pick up from country stay where necessary.
- Accommodation in refuge where requested and wanting to extend walk in area of choice. Evening meals are generally between 10-15 Euros in these establishments for generous servings of local cuisine.
- Transfer to any local evening fetes and village celebrations, including visits to any museum and or botanical gardens (entry fee not included).
What is not included in the price
- Drinks, breakfast and evening meals (the area offers a wonderful selection of local restaurants, trattorias and pizzerias with local produce - prices vary from Euro 15-20 for two people in a pizzeria to Euro 20-30 each in other eating establishments). Lorenzo will accompany you to a restaurant one evening in three - transport on the remaining evenings can be made available but at extra cost.
- Winter heating in the accommodation (the winters are so mild that you may not need any).
- Entry fees to museums, villas, botanical gardens where requested.
- Transfers to and from Airports (Genoa and Nice only) - small additional fee if requested.
- Flights. Low-cost flights are available from a number of different airports, eg: Easyjet fly Luton to Nice, Ryan Air fly Stansted to Genoa.
- You are responsible for bringing your own liquid refreshments of choice. Please state if you have any special requirements or allergies.
What you are advised to bring
- Your European Health Insurance Card (the replacement for the E111 form - available through http://www.dh.gov.uk/travellers) valid in EEC countries for equivalent NHS treatment and hospital care.
- Your own personal insurance to cover activity of walking-hiking etc. (Harrison Beaumont seems to be a popular choice for walkers)Please note that Liguria is a steep region with at times exposed paths. We do not assume any responsibility for any accidental slip or fall that will result in an injury. Other easier and flatter routes are however also available.
- Sun protection for at least 8 months of the year, long trousers for routes with a lot of vegetation on paths and plenty of liquids for warm days (2-3 litres on long sustained hikes).
- Your own basic first aid to include compeed blister kits (your guide will carry a more comprehensive kit).
Walking Liguria accepts responsibility that all itineraries described are as closely and detailed as possible on paper as they are in the countryside. In case of bad weather on any given day we will endeavour to find an alternative walk/hike (i.e. a coastal route) or visit other places of interest such as those listed on Villas, Gardens and Museums page. You accept and understand that due the nature of some of the paths in higher mountain regions and the more changeable weather conditions, the final decision rests within your personal guide on whether to undertake the walk or not. This decision will be purely made with your own personal safety in mind. In the case of any amendments made due to force majeure, no refunds are possible.
We also reserve the right in our discretion to restrict or exclude from any activity at any time, any person or persons whose behaviour is such that it is likely to cause distress, danger, damage or annoyance to any other client or property. In the event that you have committed act of misconduct or damage to property you undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Walking Liguria Tours.
You undertake to consult with your doctor in connection with any existing and previous illness or disability which may affect your ability to take part on the walk-hikes. And any physical exertion that may induce illness or otherwise prevent you from taking further part in any walking activity. To notify us if you suffer from any food allergies or any other type of allergy your guide needs to be informed about. By signing the booking form you undertake and confirm that your mental and physical condition are sufficient and fit for the purpose of joining and participating in the walks that you have booked.